10 March 2019
Finally! A Hard Copy Book for the 17-Note Kalimba in C
44 Beginner Songs Book is a Hard Copy Version of the Popular 44-Songs Download
People have been asking me for hard copy books for the newly popular 17-Note Kalimba in C - the new kalimbas that have been made in China over the last 18 months. These are sold under a variety of names, including Donner, Walter, Gecko, and Heart-17, but all of these are essentially the same instrument, with the same number of tines and the same note layout. In other words, all of these kalimbas can use the same book.
That book is "44 Beginner Songs for the 17-Note Kalimba in C." This hard copy book is the same material from the ebook download of the same name.
If you have been waiting for a book for your 17-Note Kalimba in C, this is it!
Why should I get the "44 Beginner Songs" Book?
- First, because it is a book! Some people prefer to have a hard copy book they can set down in front of themselves and their kalimba. Certainly, if you want to play outdoors, away from technology, the book is the way to go.
- The spiral binding permits the book to lay flat, without the tendency to flip the page on its own.
- The "44 Songs" has been formatted into a beautiful 62 page book. This is almost identical to the "44 Beginner Songs Download." so you might not want to duplicate that material, unless you really need the hard copy.
- A URL is provided for the index page for all the sound recordings. You may want to bookmark that page in your web browser, and you may want to download all the songs and keep them on your computer. Similarly, a "QR code" will get your phone or tablet computer to the sound recordings page very simply. From there, just click on the song you are working on to hear what it should sound like.
- This book has a lot of material for beginner players, and fewer more advanced songs - in other words, this book should have some songs easy enough for the most basic players, but will also hold your interest for weeks or months as you advance through the songs.
- I have organized this ebook in a reasonable way for learning, I have improved the formatting of each song, and I have added helpful text in places to aid you in learning the lessons these songs have to offer.
Look at the Table of Contents to see the songs that are in this book:
Below is page 22 from the "44 Songs" ebook, the song "Michael Row Your Boat Ashore." The column of tablature on the left is the melody only (Level 1). The column on the right, with chords added at the beginning of each measure, is Level 3.
The above page from the book encapsulates my hope for you - regardless of your playing level, there are good songs here for you to dig into, and that in time you will progress from Level 1, to Level 2, and then on to Level 3 songs right here in this book.
By the way, if you are confused by the tablature, the gray columns represent painted tines and the white columns represent unpainted tines. Kalimba Magic paints the tines this way on all 17-Note kalimbas in C (unless otherwise requested). The painted tines help immeasurably in reading tablature and learning to play. If you get your kalimba unpainted, you may want to color those six tines with a Sharpie marker. This will last several weeks before it wears off from repeated playing, and you can then reapply, or you can remove the Sharpie marks with alcohol wipes.
This book was created for you, to help you along the way. Best to you on your Kalimba Journey.