As I am moving toward retirement, I am finding more time to do the projects I really want to do. And this Chromatic book is one of those projects. I have been selling chromatic kalimbas for 15 years, and there has never been a book to instruct you on playing them. Yes, this book presents unique challenges, but here we are!
This book takes three different approaches to the chromatic:
* We present a number of songs that have modest use of chromatic notes – you will know most of these songs, which will help you. And these start out just on the front side, and add chromatic notes gradually. It should be a path you can start with.
* We try to explain the different ways the chromatic notes are used, including scales, chords, and some of the techniques at play in chromatic music.
* On page 62, we have a number of chromatic kalimba exercises. These are each just a few measures long, and will help you guide your fingers and thumbs in the common shapes and movements that you will need to perform in the various songs. This starts out simple, and eventually dives deep into the chromatic notes.
* The book helps you migrate from Alto Kalimba (the front side notes) to chromaticism. Several songs are included, as well as exercises, scales, chords, tips, etc.
* There will be SOUND ICONS on most pages, but the sound recordings they should link to will not exist – yet, or ever, I don’t know. It is a huge effort to get this ebook out, and I am selling it without sound files, sorry. HOWEVER, the SOUND ICONS will be set up to link to the locations where the sound files will be should I eventually record them. In other words, one day those SOUND ICONS may magically start working, to help you on your way.
* This book is for the ALTO CHROMATIC, 15 notes on the front, 11 on the back, in the key of G.
* If you have a TREBLE CHROMATIC, either 17/13 or 17/17, the tablature and advices in this book will still be useful to you. Any named note or chord, and any future sound recordings, will be a 4th lower than your note, but they will still help you play the Treble Chromatic.
* If you have a C-Tuned ALTO CHROMATIC, this book will be of limited use to you, sorry.
See the table of contents in the alternative product images.