As with most good things, this is a work in progress.
And of course, I am still working my way through the site’s pages fixing broken links, video captions that have no embedded video above them, and broken links to MP3 files. Again, if you find one of these, please let me know.
Some of the kalimba OPTIONS had been broken for a few days, but they are all working now.
That is the bad side of the transition – sorry for my dirty laundry. But of course, there is also a good side of this web site transition:
- Shipping for most orders will be less expensive, because the new site knows the weight of your order to within a few ounces, and will more correctly calculate the shipping expense.
- We used to ship everything USPS priority mail and USPS First Class Mail International. Now, you will find there are many more USPS-based shipping options, including express shipping.
- A main headache with the old site was that between 2 and 5% of our customers never got the automated order emails – meaning they never got the links to their DOWNLOADS, and the customer would often have to email or call me to address this situation. The new system seems to be working much better at letting you know the status of your orders as well as how to get your downloads.
- I think the new site has a cleaner and simpler look, which goes a long way toward having a calming and satisfying user experience.
- But the biggest improvements to the Kalimba Magic site? They are still coming, and I urge you to come back and check us out in January and February 2021.